What is Social Media Management?
Social media management is the process of creating, publishing, promoting, and managing content across social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Pinterest.
Social media management goes beyond just posting updates to your company’s social media profiles. It also includes engaging with your audience and looking for new opportunities to increase reach and visibility.
Our Awesome Team
With billions of active users worldwide, Facebook remains the primary social media platform for marketers today. Whether your business is a small, start-up one or an established company, a business Facebook page is much needed in your marketing strategy to keep your customers informed, increase your brand awareness and widen your reach. Here are some more interesting numbers about Facebook for business.
- More than 1.6 billion users around the globe are connected to a business on Facebook.
- Users are 1.5x more likely to watch Facebook videos using a smartphone, on a daily basis.
- Facebook ads generated $17.65 billion in total revenue in the 3rd quarter of 2019.
- 83% of consumers stated that they use Facebook to search for products and services.
- 66% of users say that they Like or Follow a brand on Facebook.
When you hear the word “trending” and “hashtags”, the first social media network that comes to mind will probably be Twitter. Having a Twitter account today is one of the best ways to know what the people are currently talking about. It’s a great tool for your business to stay relevant with your target audience. Through your business Twitter account, you can also quickly announce new product offerings and time-limited offers. Aside from that, you can hold a Twitter Chat (TweetChat) to boost interaction from your followers. Here are some more quick Twitter facts:
- 79% of Twitter users state that they like to use this social network to discover what’s new which makes it the top social media platform for discovery.
- Users are reported to 26% more likely to view Twitter ads.
- Twitter yielded a 9% growth in revenue for the last quarter of 2019 which translates to $824 million.
- Twitter’s website referral traffic increased up to 6%, year-over-year.
- Users watch 2 billion Twitter videos on a daily basis.
If you think Instagram is only for brands that are visually appealing, you might want to think again. It doesn’t really matter what products or services you’re offering- with the right content marketing, you’ll still be a hit on this social platform. By incorporating creativity on your posts, you can successfully increase your brand awareness, boost website traffic and be an influencer in your industry. You can also use it as a networking tool to find and connect with business-minded people like you. Go ahead and check out these Instagram statistics:
- 500 million users stated that they check Instagram Stories and Explore every month.
- 92% of the total Instagram users say they’ve followed a business, visited their website, or made a purchase after seeing their product or service on Instagram.
- 62% of users reported that they have become more interested in a brand after watching it in Stories.
- 11% of social media users in the U.S. shop on Instagram.
- 130 million Instagram users view shopping posts on the platform every month.
If you’re struggling with generating leads, reaching your target audience, establishing your reputation, and building connections with other business owners or professionals, then you should be at LinkedIn. With more than 600 million users worldwide, it has become one of the most utilized social media networks for businesses today. Because aside from the things we’ve mentioned above, having a company profile on LinkedIn is also a great way to boost your SEO rankings on Google. Here are some LinkedIn statistics that are worth noting:
- LinkedIn is 277% more effective in generating leads.
- 45% of marketers stated that they have gained customers through the social network.
- 65% of B2B companies have reportedly used LinkedIn paid ads to acquire new customers.
- 95% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for their organic content marketing.
- LinkedIn impressions grew up to 50% year over year.
Did you know that advertisers get $2 for every $1 they spend on Pinterest advertising? This is mainly because Pinterest users are actively looking for products and services on this social media network. It has become one of the leading social platforms that motivates and influences consumers’ purchasing decisions. In fact, it now has over 300 million monthly active users who search and share inspirations through Pins. Check these quick, fun facts about Pinterest for businesses:
- 77% of weekly Pinterest users stated that they have discovered a new product or brand using the social media platform.
- 83% of weekly Pinners reported that they have made a purchase based on a content they saw from brands.
- Retail businesses generate a 2x higher return on their ad spend on Pinterest,
- According to 48% of Pinners, shopping is their top priority for using the social network.
- The revenue from Pinterest shopping ads has reportedly increased up to 100% last year
Why Social Media Management is Important
The first and perhaps most obvious reason is that your customers are active on social media. They want to see content from brands like yours, and they are often open to the messages you present on social channels more than they are advertising messages.
Additionally, social media management is cost-effective. Small businesses often have to do more with less when it comes to their marketing budget. Social media management allows you to experience significant results when it comes to lead generation and conversion. This eliminates high out of pocket costs that come along with traditional marketing tactics like billboards or TV ads.